WORLD MATHEMATIC OLYMPIAD MALAYSIA (WMO)

COMPETITIONS 2017

Joint Organized by WMO & ASMO

January 21st, 2017 – UCSI University.

About World Mathematic Oylmpiad Malaysia

COMPETITIONS

WMO Competitions is the International Championship for Elementary and Secondary School students and is held annually in a different country. The WMO Competitions was held in 2010 in Singapore. It is gradually expanding as new member-countries join then international event. WMO Competitions association ensures that the competition takes place each year and that each host country observes the regulations and traditions of WMO Competitions.

Vision

To provide a platform for mathematically gifted youth from around the world not only to show their mathematical and critical thinking skills but also to engage in language talents and cultural exchanges.

Participation Events

Mathematics Elite Competitions

Level of Competition: L1 Grade 3, 4, L2 Grade 5, 6, L3 Grade 7, 8, 9.

· Individual Round

Individual Competitions is comprised of a written exam containing mathematically thinking problems, everyday life related problems and fusion problems. The exam tests participants’ ability to apply mathematical knowledge, ability to think and ability to solve problem creatively.

· Team Round Make Creative Products

Make Creative product using the material provided by the competition based on the given annual topic.

· Math Game Party

Complete various puzzle while rotating through game booths (different topics for every competition)

· Math Relay

Combining physical activity and problem-solving skills, teams stand at a distance from each other and one by one a member from each team solves a problem and returns to the start line.

Mandarin Elite Competitions

Level of Competition: L1 Grade 3, 4, L2 Grade 5, 6, L3 Grade 7, 8, 9.

**Only for International Student.

English Elite Competitions

Level of Competition: L1 Grade 3, 4, L2 Grade 5, 6, L3 Grade 7, 8, 9.

**Only for International Student.

Cultural Exchange Programs

· Nice to Meet You

Meet and greet with country groups, exchanging of contact cards for continued

Communication post competition, meet new friends from other countries

· Do You Understand Me

Communicate and discuss each country’s culture, traditions, and language to understand and learn more about other countries.

Letter of Participation and Registration Forms

Interested countries in joining this competition should confirm their participation by:

1. Sending the name lists of students, team leader, deputy leader and tutors before 21st November, 2016.

2. Notifying the details of travel scheduled flights before 30th October 2016.

**Only for International Student.

Awards and Medals

An individual round’s score make up of 70% of each participant’s final score. Results from the team competition make up the remaining 30% of the final score. The individual and team competitions results are combined for the final score.

The Organizing Committee establishes minima (expressed in points) for Gold Medals, Silver Medals, Bronze Medals and Participation Awards. Awards which are awarded to the top 10%, 20%, 30% and 60% respectively.

Itinerary

January 21, 2017 (Saturday)

8.30 am

Registration

9.00 am

Opening Ceremony

9.30 am

Maths Individual Round

12.00 pm

Lunch

1.30 pm

Team Competition Round

5.00 pm

Closing

Countries Participated

Malaysia, China

Contact

If you have any questions regarding the competition, please contact:

Ms. Anis @ Mr. Tan 017- 642 4831 @ 03-5879 7831 or registration@asmo2u.com @ manager@iomaths.com .