Asian Science and Maths Olympiad (ASMO) is a competition platform designed to challenge and evaluate student’s knowledge in Mathematics and Science at their grade level. The questions in the Olympiad will stretch their knowledge and understanding of the concepts.
Our syllabus fits nicely into the syllabus that concentrates on non-routine problem-solution to prepare the students for the competition. With the expansion of STEM education worldwide, ASMO certainly answers the need of it. Students will be well prepared with the skills to meet the science and technology challenges.
In Malaysia, ASMO is officially endorsed by Ministry of Education and all participants will obtain curriculum marks. In 2018 alone, Asian Science and Mathematics Olympiad has received 70,000 entries from across the ASEAN countries. We are targeting for the number to increase at 80,000 for 2019.
We are also proud to present that ASMO International is a new effort by ASMO Malaysia which started in 2017 in Pattaya, Thailand. When it was initially launched, the competition was setup via collaboration with ASMOPSS and ASMO Thai was the host for the competition. In 2018, Malaysia has become the host for the competition and it was participated by 10 Asian countries.
The idea of opening up a new competition platform which is ASMO International is to expand the level of competition and to provide more opportunities for primary and secondary school students to experience international engagement.
Why is ASMO 2019 special?
- 4 languages preference to choose from (English, Bahasa, Chinese, Tamil) for primary school students.
- Enhanced online registration for school to avoid malpractice.
- Our online registration has been uploaded with school database to ease the registration process.
- Free Maths online workshop.
- The only competition that offers school, national and international level competition.
All participants are entitled to get:
- a) E-certificate according to the result (Gold/Silver/Bronze/Merit/Participation)
- b) Individual e-analysis report.
- c) Medal (Gold/Silver/Bronze) for individual winner (following an allocated percentage)
- d) Trophy for winner in the team category to be given to school.
- e) Free online workshop for registered participants.